It’s FRIDAY! My favorite day of the week, by far.
Way, way back in the day (like four years ago?!?!), I shared my every day breakfast smoothie. This is the smoothie I have almost every single day. I am a person who likes variety when it comes to my food, so to say I have this bad boy almost daily is kind of big deal. There’s no way I would choke down a nasty smoothie no matter how good it was for me. Okay, maybe I would, but I promise you this one is delicious.
This is a super simple way to kick-start my day with fruits, veggies and protein. I have changed and adapted it over the years to amp up the amount of protein because this girl NEEDS it to maintain my energy, as we all do.
I figure it is time to share the revamped recipe with you all and then you can decide for yourself if it is a yay or a nay!
Here ya go…
Do you like the pine needles on the front porch? Merry, merry Christmas!
Cutting to the chase, here’s the recipe:
|Every Day Smoothie|| |
- ¾ of a medium frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 heaping scoop protein powder (I prefer Orgain Chocolate Fudge)
- ¼ cup powdered peanut butter
- 3 small handfuls of greens (kale, spinach, chard, etc.)
- 1-2 tsp chia seeds or flaxseed (optional)
- Place ingredients into blender as listed. Blend until completely smooth. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to an hour.
It feels great to be back by the way!