Education and Experience
I graduated from Minnesota State University, Mankato with a Bachelors of Science degree in dietetics in 2009. After receiving my degree, I then completed my dietetic internship at Viterbo University in La Crosse, WI. In 2011, I began working as a Registered Dietitian in a community health setting.
We will create healthy habits, not restrictions.
With a “non-diet” approach to nutrition and wellness, I will help you ditch the diet mentality and instead focus on what foods we can eat to fuel our bodies in order to feel our best. We will find balance to create a healthy lifestyle that is maintainable.
Together we will come up with a personalized plan to help you reach your health goals and achieve optimum wellness.
Everyone has their own story, goals, hurdles, and preferences, and I want to know all about yours! Let me be your coach, positivity enforcer, accountability person, and together we can create a healthy lifestyle that is perfect for YOU.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine: http://nccam.nih.gov
- Farmer’s Market Locator: http://search.ams.usda.gov/farmersmarkets/
- Today’s Dietitian: http://todaysdietitian.com
- USDA National Food Composition Database: http://ndb.nal.usda.gov
Nutrition-Related Posts by Beautifully Nutty:
- Aloe-Vera Juice
- A Dietitian’s Grocery List
- Intuitive Eating
- My Holistic Approach to Digestive Health
- Raw Honey
- Sleep, Exercise, and Nutrition
Recommended Health and Wellness Books (some disease specific):
- Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet; Elaine Gottschall: Website
- Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program That Works; Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch: Website
- Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats; Sally Fallon and Marry Enig