Happy Thursday to all! As you’re all aware, if today’s Thursday, that means tomorrow’s FRIDAY! The best day of the week.
Before I get into the business of today’s post, I wanted to share with you an excellent dinner I made on Tuesday night:
Spaghetti squash with marinara sauce, roasted garlic broccoli and parmesan cheese. Holy cow. A pretty awesome combo and very satisfying.
I am all about the squash lately: acorn, butternut, and spaghetti. Every Saturday we’ve been going to the local Farmer’s Market and stocking up. LOOOVEE.
My Grocery List
How would you like to see what a dietitian has on her grocery list? I compiled two lists: the 1st is a list of items I buy on a weekly or biweekly basis, and the 2nd is a list of items that I almost always have on hand. This list changes depending on if I’m following SCD or not, but for the most part, this is what you will find in my house at any given time!
Weekly or Biweekly Grocery List
- Creamy Natural Peanut Butter
- Cheese: Mild Cheddar Block
- Almond Milk
- Greek Yogurt (if not following SCD)
- Raw almonds: We roast them ourselves as use them for snacks, in energy bites, in salads, and almond butter
- Fresh garlic
- Dark green lettuce
- Other seasonal veggies: squash, asparagus, bell peppers, Brussels sprouts, etc.
- Seasonal fruits: berries, grapes, peaches
Always on Hand
- Frozen veggies: usually peas, corn, edamame or mukimame
- Frozen tilapia
- Frozen chicken breasts
- Veggie burgers: usually Morningstar Garden Veggie
- Almond flour
- Spices and dried herbs
- Pasta sauce: no added sugar
- Chicken broth: low sodium
- Dried or canned beans
- Green olives
- BBQ (when not following SCD)
- Heinz Ketchup (when not following SCD)
- Dressing for salads: love my Newman’s Own Lite Honey Mustard (when not following SCD)
- Lean ground turkey or ground beef
- Lean turkey bacon
- Frozen berries: blueberries, strawberries, cherries
It looks like a lot, but once you stock up, it doesn’t take much to restock and keep it up. These are all great staples to have on hand which help me to build meals throughout the week. So there you have it!
Now, for the grand finale…
The LARABAR Giveaway Winner!
The winner of the caddy of 16 different LARABAR flavors has been chosen at random, and the winner is (drum roll)…
Tara!!! “I love Chocolate Peanut Butter. I liked you on Facebook too!”
Congrats, Tara! Please email me at email@example.com with your shipping address and we will get those shipped to you! WOOO!!
Thank you to all who participated. I wish I were the LARABAR fairy and could send some to each and every one of you…but of course I’m not. A girl can dream though.
Have a GREAT day everybody. XOXO
P.S. I had such a fun workout last night…excited to fill you in on that soon!