I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Give me tacos and I will be one happy girl. Last night was taco night.
To make things more exciting (as if tacos need more excitement), I baked the tacos so that the cheese melted into the beans, beef, and onions before adding the cool toppings.
I then added toppings: lettuce, olives, tomatoes, and salsa. I totally forgot to make guacamole but it really didn’t even matter. So much flavor and goodness in these crunchy gems.
Baked Beef Tacos
(Make as many as you wish with as many toppings as you wish—this is why specific measurements are not given. These are supposed to be super easy!).
What you will need:
- hard corn tortilla shells (heads up: look for ones without hydrogenated oils—I made that mistake and am kicking myself about it)
- refried beans
- cooked ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning*
- white onion, diced
- shredded cheddar cheese
- tomato, diced
- lettuce, chopped
- green or black olives, chopped
- guacamole (optional)
*I use Rachael Ray’s homemade taco seasoning recipe which is one part each of chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and a quarter of the amount of crushed red pepper (although I used cayenne instead of crushed red pepper).
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Find a oven-safe dish that will fit your taco shells so that they can stand up (you can make as many tacos as you wish).
- Use a spoon to spread refried beans along the bottom of the shell and on one or two sides.
- Next, layer on the ground beef, onions, and cheese.
- Make sure all shells are standing up (preferably) in your dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining topping ingredients. ENJOY!
Dana and I both were crazy about these babies! Baking the tacos was a fun little change-up to standard tacos. I lovvvvvvveee melty cheese! Love love love.
Once again, taco night never fails.
What did YOU have for dinner last night?
This Post Has 7 Comments
I gotta try this, such a simple yet genius idea!
Jackie recently posted…Back from Vegas
They were seriously so good!
melty cheese = yum!!
Mel- Have you done muffin pan tacos? i love those!
No but I have them pinned on pinterest and they look awesome!
I am one happy camper when I get tacos!! These tacos look amazing!
Alex @ Alex Runs For Food recently posted…Veggie Packed Egg Muffins