20 weeks! I’m halfway there!
I thought you all might be interested in a bit of an update from pregnant lil’ me.
First up: 20 week bump pic
Compared to 16 weeks…
Baby is now measuring about 10 ounces and 6.5 inches long about the length of a banana!
How am I feeling?
- Very normal for the most part and really enjoying being pregnant!
- I have days where I am insanely hungry (like yesterday) where no matter what I eat I still seem to be hungry, and then I have more normal days. I always make sure to have snacks on hand; don’t want to embarrass myself by getting “hangry” in front of strangers.
- Excited to start working on the nursery. I have some ideas as to how I want to decorate now! More on that later.
- Yearning to start “nesting” and getting the house baby-fied.
- Starting to look more pregnant and not just blubbery.
- Anxious to start feeling movements.
- Needing to get used to people noticing my bump now. I see them look at my face and then look at my belly. I don’t always feel like it’s that obvious but I guess it must be.
- Super lovey dovey to this baby. I dream of what he looks like and what his personality will be like.
I have to say I have been very lucky (knock on wood) with very minimal discomforts, but I few things I have been noticing lately…
- Out of breath a whole lot easier, especially going up hills.
- Stiff and achey body all over when I wake up in the morning. It loosens up as I get moving. I sleep with those bed pillows walmart that my mom gave me, all around me and in between my legs and I think that helps a bit.
- Stretching and some round ligament pain. I actually welcome this! I love it because since I’m not feeling movement yet, it helps me to know baby is growing.
- Calf cramps at night.
Again, NOT complaining!
No serious cravings except for I’m almost always up for a burger still. Lately, my sweet tooth has nearly taken over my savory tooth. I was hoping that this wouldn’t happen. I am still trying to control my sugar intake. It’s tough though. I’m trying to choose foods with natural sugar like dates with peanut butter or Greek yogurt with honey.
Oh, and everytime I see a subway sandwich I drool a little. 😉
I can’t seem to get salmon down the hatch even when I make it my favorite way.
What I’m looking forward to in the coming weeks?
Feeling this boy move!
I am absolutely loving pregnancy. 🙂 Catch up with you again later gators!
This Post Has 15 Comments
CUTE pic Mel! You are rocking this pregnancy thing! That’s great that you are feeling so well too. You are going to love feeling him move around 🙂
Thank you, my pregnant buddy!
Yay, love the update! I’ll be 20 weeks on Tuesday and we find out the genders on Monday!!! So exciting! Can you believe we’re both halfway there?! This pregnancy is flying by!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…My Summer Beauty Essentials
I cannot wait to find out the genders of your babes!
Could you be any cuter??! I love that bump! And I think you have passed your burger and fries cravings onto me – they’re all I’ve been wanting lately!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Enroute to Denver!
Oh stop it. 🙂 Yea the burger and fry thing….man alive. I had two this weekend!
You are just the cutest thing ever. Love it. Can’t wait to see you and to feel him kick too. . . after I ask permission, of course. 😉
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted…Friday Favorites: 6/20/14
Ha ha of course you can!
Your little bump is SO cute! You look adorable!! I’m obsessed with burgers and subway too, which so isn’t normally like me. It must be a boy thing! 😉
Aww thanks Jessica! I hope you are doing well!
You look absolutely gorgeous! I had the calf cramping too and feeling your baby move is the most awesome feeling ever!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted…Tips to Trail Running for Beginners
I can’t wait!
You have such a cute baby bump! Glad to hear that you are mostly feeling well. I get calf cramps too, but it seems to help if I flex my foot as soon as I feel the cramp start. I think I read somewhere to avoid pointing your toes because that can make it worse.
Danielle recently posted…Happy Father’s Day!
Yes that is what I do and it helps a bit! Thanks for the tip!
Pingback: Pregnancy Week 30 | Beautifully Nutty