Blueberry Lemon Bread & February Fitness Challenge Week 1 Recap
I’m finally nearing the end of this cold! By tomorrow I should be 100% back to normal.
After work yesterday I snuggled into my sweats and relaxed on the couch. I managed to eat my way through a good portion of this bag of trail mix while I vegged.
Eventually I got tired of sitting around and put on a very slow and easy breath and stretch pilates On Demand. It felt great to stretch and move a little bit because I’ve been pretty inactive the past couple of days. I also managed to get my 1 minute plank-a-day in.
Speaking of plank-a-day, today ends week 1 of my February Fitness Challenge. My goal was to complete 3 strength train type workouts throughout the weeks during February as well as at least a 1 minute plank every day. Considering I was sick this past week, I am proud to say I still met my week 1 goal.
Strength Training Activities:
- Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred plus plank
- This leg workout with dumbbells plus plank
- A 30 Day Abs workout (from last month’s fitness challenge)
I’m hoping to make it to the gym this week and work it out there a bit. I haven’t been making too many appearances there lately.
Also, I NEED to start running again because I am officially registered for a 7K on St. Patty’s Day which is on March 17th. I am hoping the weather starts improving so I can make it outside, otherwise the treadmill will have to do. It’s time to get these legs-a-movin’!
Blueberry Lemon Bread (Gluten-Free and SCD Friendly!)
This may sound strange to some, but when I am feeling slightly under the weather, I enjoy relaxing in the kitchen, and baking up something tasty and comforting. So, that is exactly what I did last night.
How does blueberry lemon bread sound? It’s made with almond flour too so it is 100% gluten-free! Check it out.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- the juice of one lemon
- the zest of one lemon
- 1/3 cup ripe banana
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a standard bread pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together applesauce, lemon juice, zest, banana, honey, eggs, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add flour mixture into applesauce mixture, stir to combine.
- Stir in blueberries until just incorporated (do not overmix).
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
The end result is a not-too-sweet blueberry bread with a subtle lemon flavor. Eat it plain, or toast it up and add a small smear of butter, peanut butter, or honey.