We are having the most incredibly beautiful weather here in Minnesota. The nights are falling to the mid 50’s and daytime in the mid 70’s.
This makes for perfect weather for a morning run. I hit the road for a 3.37 mile run (according to MapMyRun) and the temperature was 56°.
I jammed out to my Jack Johnson radio station on Pandora and ran at a leisurely pace. I find that my running pace often matches my music tempo. I was in the mood for a slower run, so I thought this music selection would be perfect and I was right, it was. My average pace was 9:37 minutes per mile. I think I’ve finally concluded that I’m not a fast runner, and I’m not sure if I ever will be a fast runner and I am okay with that.
I am starting to enjoy running again and am very happy to be able to say that.
My day’s eats went undocumented except for dinner.
Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Pasta
- 1 large zucchini, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup green olives, diced
- 6 grape tomatoes, quartered
- parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Place zucchini pasta in strainer in sink, sprinkle with salt, and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large pan, sauté mushrooms, onion, and garlic in olive oil for 4 minutes.
- Add zucchini, salt and pepper, green olives, and tomatoes until heated through.
- Plate up pasta and top with parmesan and basil. Enjoy!
This was such an easy, fresh, and inexpensive meal. Both Dana and I really liked it!
Strawberry banana soft serve!
A friend of mine asked for the recipe for this dessert and although I don’t have any exact measurements, I will do my best to help you out!
Strawberry Banana Soft Serve
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- a splash of almond milk (maybe 2 tablespoons)
- Place ingredients in blender and patiently blend until smooth. You will need to periodically stop the blender and push the frozen fruit around to get things moving. Once a soft serve consistency is reached, it’s ready to eat!
Happy Saturday to everyone. Catch up with ya’ll soon.