It’s FRIDAY! My favorite day of the week, by far.
Way, way back in the day (like four years ago?!?!), I shared my every day breakfast smoothie. This is the smoothie I have almost every single day. I am a person who likes variety when it comes to my food, so to say I have this bad boy almost daily is kind of big deal. There’s no way I would choke down a nasty smoothie no matter how good it was for me. Okay, maybe I would, but I promise you this one is delicious.
This is a super simple way to kick-start my day with fruits, veggies and protein. I have changed and adapted it over the years to amp up the amount of protein because this girl NEEDS it to maintain my energy, as we all do.
I figure it is time to share the revamped recipe with you all and then you can decide for yourself if it is a yay or a nay!
Here ya go…
Do you like the pine needles on the front porch? Merry, merry Christmas!
Cutting to the chase, here’s the recipe:
|Every Day Smoothie|| || |
- ¾ of a medium frozen banana
- ¼-1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 heaping scoop protein powder (I prefer Orgain Chocolate Fudge)
- ¼ cup powdered peanut butter (PBfit)
- 3 small handfuls of greens (kale, spinach, chard, etc.)
- 1-2 tsp chia seeds or flaxseed (optional)
- Place ingredients into blender as listed. Blend until completely smooth. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to an hour.
It feels great to be back by the way!
This Post Has 3 Comments
Melanie, can I do without the chia or flaxseed? I get issue with diverticulitis sometimes.
Melanie recently posted…Every Day Smoothie
Yes! I love! Can’t wait to try your recipe! Thanks for sharing.
Juno recently posted…How to Dissolve Cinnamon in Your Coffee?