This ugly-looking smoothie deserves some major recognition. I’ve mentioned my favorite smoothie over and over, but I’ve never dedicated an entire to post to it. Considering I eat this smoothie at least 4-5 times a week, it’s time to give it some credit.
I’m talking about my chocolate peanut butter smoothie that I eat for breakfast. It tastes like a peanut butter chocolate shake except it’s wayyyyyy healthier.
It’s smooth, creamy, sweet, chocolatey, and knocks my socks off.
I’m not one to measure ingredients when I’m making smoothies, but I will do my best to share what I think are the approximate measurements for each ingredient. Feel free to play around with it though!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 handfuls frozen kale (approximately 1 cup?)
- 1 heaping spoonful of raw cacao powder
- 1 heaping spoonful of peanut butter
- 1 heaping spoonful of ground flaxseed
- almond milk (as much as you need to cover the ingredients
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed above. I use the personal-size cups in my Ninja Ultima Blender and it is perfect.
- Blend until smoothie.
- Enjoy right away!
It’s as easy as that! I always feel good about getting some fruits and veggies in right away in the morning! It’s a great way to start the day.
QOTD: What are your current go-to breakfasts?