I mentioned in yesterday’s post that I made an awesome green, veggie-packed soup that was part of my clean eating program. I was bummed I didn’t write down the recipe because it turned out so great. Well, I went back and looked at the recipe that had originally inspired me, and I was able to pull the recipe together out of memory!
Inspiration from this recipe
So without further ado, I am going to keep this one short and sweet for you. Here is my recipe for Green & Clean Soup!
|Green & Clean Soup|| |
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups green beans, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli
- ¼ cup raw almonds, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth*
- 1 cup water
- dash of Thyme
- sea salt and black pepper
- *I ran out of chicken broth so had to use 1 cup of water. You can use 4 cups of chicken broth, or if you want to keep this meal vegan, use vegetable stock.
- In a medium soup pot, saute the onion. celery, and garlic in the olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- Next add in the zucchini, green beans, and broccoli and let saute together for 3-5 more minutes.
- Add in almonds, broth, thyme, and salt and pepper, and bring soup to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover pot, and reduce to simmer. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use a blender to puree batches of the soup until all of the soup is blended.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of olive oil on top.