It’s time for Treat Yourself Tuesday hosted by the one and only Becky!
1. I’ve had one too many sweet treats this past week, and it all started last Thursday. I mentioned last Friday briefly that I went to a pastry shop called “Cupcake” to celebrate a co-worker’s retirement. The shop splits is split up into two areas: the Cupcake side and the restaurant side which is called “The Mason Jar.”
When we arrived to celebrate, my co-worker (and friend) Mary, had bought a bunch of cupcakes for each table to enjoy.
My table had the brilliant idea to split all of them into sevenths so that we could all get a taste of all of them!
There was lemon, raspberry, mocha, vanilla, peanut butter, german chocolate, red velvet, and some type of marshmallow one. After we tasted all of these, we actually got to try a few more still! Talk about sugar-load, but seriously how much fun to sit around eating cupcakes with your girlfriends?!
mowed chatted over our cupcakes, the owner and winner of Food Network’s Cupcake Wars, Kevin VanDeraa came by our table and greeted us! He was incredibly humble and just wanted to see how we were enjoying our time at Cupcake. Very cool!
I didn’t love every single cupcake I tried but I did enjoy a lot of them! I especially liked the lemon-filled one which is definitely not like me. The peanut butter one was pretty awesome too (duh, right?)!
I think that Cupcake would be a perfect place to go for a date or to meet up with friends and I will more than likely be making my way back there at some point. The cupcakes range from about $2.75-$4.25 a piece (don’t quote me on that).
2. I’ve been treating myself to caramel coffee at home as well as lots of veggie and fruit loaded smoothies!
3. On Sunday morning, I treated myself to a relaxing morning: reading the newspaper (and my new favorite section!), looking through weekly ads, watching Olympics and sipping on my café con crema!
4. On Sunday I made an amazing dish I found on Pinterest for Asian Chicken Slaw. Link: Asian Chicken Slaw. I cut down on the peanut butter, omitted the basil, and only used 3/4 head of cabbage, but other than that I followed the recipe and holy cow…so good! Make this.
5. The Valentine’s decor is finally up! I totally forgot about it until yesterday when I was organizing some
crap gift bags in the basement and stumbled upon them! They make the house look so much more fun and festive! They may have to stay up past Valentine’s Day.
Side note: when you get married you get loads of gift bags. Keep all of them and you will never have to buy a gift bag again! Win!
I am really starting to feel the lovey in the air. How about you?
Questions of the day:
- Any good Pinterest recipe finds lately that you’ve tried?
- If you were to order any flavor of cupcake, what would you choose?
This Post Has 17 Comments
Oh how I love cupcakes! Any time I go into one of those cupcake shops, I’m so overwhelmed and it’s SO hard to decided which flavor to choose – I want them all! 😉 I typically go for a PB/chocolate or mocha flavored one though!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…10 Things You May Not Know About Me
You just can’t go wrong with pb and chocolate.
Man girl you must have mad math skills if you are able to divide a cupcake into sevenths! but super fun to try out all those flavors. We are totally stopping in there to share a cupcake or 3 the next time I am in town!!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted…Weekend Update: 2/9/14
Mad cutting skills, that’s all. 🙂 Yes! I thought of you while I was there!
Oh that asian dish looks good. The cupcake restaurant sounds fun, I know we have some cupcake only shops in lexington and my friends always like picking up one or two for fun.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted…Long day lessons
They’re so pretty too aren’t they?!
Mmmm those cupcakes looked divine. What a great idea to share ALL of them with your co-workers! I am very partial to chocolate, especially dark chocolate, so that is what I would order…
Marnie @ SuperSmartMama recently posted…Treat Yourself Tuesday #1
We all agreed that we should have sipped on coffee or something in between cupcakes to really get the full tasting effect. Next time!
The cupcake place sounds amazing! I love most cupcakes but I would probably have gone for the red velvet or the chocolate peanut butter.
Ashley @ Brocblog recently posted…Random Thoughts and Tuesday Treats
Cupcakes AND Valentines Day decor?! A perfect TYT! And I feel ya on the sweet treats… I’ve had my fair share too recently 😉 Thanks for linking up!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…#22 Treat Yourself Tuesday
Yup—I am going refined sugar-free until my vaca!
Those cupcakes are beautiful! I always go for a chocolate peanut butter flavor 🙂
Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…College Reunion
OMG I love cupcake!!!! I have been to their store at MOA a couple times. I also saw the episodes of Cupcake Wars where he wins! So COOL!
That asain slaw looks amazing, I am a lover of asian cuisine so I will definitely be trying it!
Alex @ Alex Runs For Food recently posted…Weekend Update 2/10/14
I loved watching Cupcake wars when I had cable but now that I don’t I just have to make do by going to Cupcake!
We have a Cupcake Wars winner here too, and they honestly have the best cupcakes around – better than Sprinkles, which I actually don’t like. I’m also big on getting tons of flavors and sharing too. 🙂
Julie recently posted…WIAW: My relationship (with food)
Then if you like one a lot, you can always buy one and bring it home for later!
Pingback: Weekly Eats: Fruit and Veggie Love | Beautifully Nutty