What oh what to do with those delicious Easter leftovers from yesterday’s celebrations? Make some soup of course!
Ham, bacon, potato, veggies…..you know you want to.
I whipped this together in about 45 minutes and was SO pleased with the end result!
After I snapped these photos I sprinkled a generous handful of cheddar cheese on top so that it melted into this perfect bowl of soup. Um, YUM!
Recipe adapted/inspired from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cheesy-ham-chowder
|Ham, Bacon & Potato Soup|| |
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 5 pieces of bacon (I used turkey bacon)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1½ cups potato, chopped into about 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup corn
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- cracked black pepper
- 1 cup ham, diced
- cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- green onions, chopped (optional)
- Cook bacon until crispy using your preferred method. I cooked mine on the stove top in a large pan. Remove from heat once cooked through. Let cool. Once cool, chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- In that same pan, saute onion, carrots, and celery in butter. Cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add potato, corn, chicken broth, water, and black pepper to the pan. Simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add cooked ham and cooked bacon to the pan. Stir. Let simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot with cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions (all optional).
Go get busy in the kitchen.