Mindful eating versus intuitive eating. Although very similar, these two concepts have different meanings.
- Using your senses when choosing food.
- Really paying attention to what your body is asking for.
- Honoring hunger and fullness.
- Taking time to taste food and slow down, realizing when your body is satisfied.
- Paying attention to how your body responds to food.
- Being aware of external factors that may interfere with listening to your body’s cues.
- You can take vitamins based on your biological data
Intuitive Eating: Intuitive eating includes mindful eating, however there is more to it.
- Being aware of the diet ideas that have been instilled in us over the years, and learning how to reject the diet mentality.
- Body acceptance.
- Find pleasure in food.
- Drop food guilt.
- Build a healthy relationship with food.
- Learning how to manage negative self-talk.
- Finding exercise that YOU love. Not what someone else tells you to enjoy.
Both mindful eating and intuitive are useful tools that can help you build a healthy relationship with food AND your body, and help you to hone in on your body’s internal cues!
This Post Has One Comment
Thank you for posting this as I will be at a National Sales Meeting next week and I need to be more mindful of how I eat and being intuitive as well.