Thank you for all of the sweet comments in reply to my last few posts! In case you missed them:
Pregnancy: Some of the Details
Gender Reveal: It’s a…
We are so excited to know that we are having a boy and are dreaming about what he will look like, what his personality will be like, and what his interests will be! I’m also having a really good time starting to think about how I want to decorate the baby room.
I have baby on my mind all the time….but one must still eat and function on a day-to-day basis. 🙂
Yesterday I was a busy girl in the kitchen. Along with baking GF bread, and prepping fruits and veggies, I also put together a super tasty, fudgy, chocolaty bar. This bar is refined sugar-free, raw, and perfectly healthy! It’s great as a snack or even a dessert.
There are only four ingredients involved in this bar:
- Raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder such as Hershey’s)
They are so easy and so delicious. I ate three yesterday and wanted to keep going back. What I love about making my own bars is that I can make them in whatever sizes I wish. I like to make them in a variety of sizes because you never know when you might need just a mini pick-me-up or a more substantial one!
|Raw Cocoa Bars|| |
- ½ cup unsalted almonds (I used raw)
- ¼ cup unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup dates (pits removed)
- 3 Tbsp. raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder such as Hershey's)
- In food processor, add almonds and walnuts and process until they resemble wet sand texture; pour into small bowl and set aside.
- Add dates to food processor. Process until mixture begins to form a ball, and pieces are small.
- Add nut mixture and cacao powder into food processor with the dates. Process until combined; about 1 minute.
- Form combined mixture into bars or balls using your hands and store in air-tight container in the fridge for up to two weeks (they last longer but they start to get hard).
There you have it! You don’t have to get the oven going, they are easy, AND they are healthy. There’s no reason not to make these cute lil’ guys!
Happy Monday my friends!
This Post Has 5 Comments
These sound too easy not to try!
Jackie recently posted…Weekly meal plan!
I really really really have to get a food processor! 🙂
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted…Weekend Update: 6/1/14
Your ninja would work too!
What a perfect snack to make on the weekends, then bring to work with me all week long! They look delicious!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…PinkBlush Maternity Review and Giveaway
Pingback: My Pregnancy Must-Have Foods | Beautifully Nutty