Hello my beauties! I hope everyone is staying nice and warm inside on these frigid days as much as possible.
How about something fun to get your mind off of the cold?
I’ve got the perfect warm holiday appetizer recipe for you! I have to give thanks to Budget Savvy Diva for coming up with this wonderful masterpiece.
They’re warm, they’re cool, crunchy and creamy and they are SO darn delicious!
I’m talking about these Southwestern Egg Rolls with Avocado Sauce. I actually called mine Santa Fe Egg Rolls but same difference I guess.
They do call for a little bit of TLC, but the end product is totally worth it. A little mixing, wrapping and rolling….and these babies are all yours.
I served the egg rolls warm and I cut them in half so that they were more of an appetizer-size.
My only regret is that I didn’t take a picture of the egg rolls after they were cut in half, and I also didn’t take a photo of the pretty green dip! So here’s my idea, you make these for your friends and family and you can see exactly what they look like!
Thank you Budget Savvy Diva for this awesome recipe! Here is the link to her recipe: Southwestern Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch and below is her recipe but with a few of my adaptations.
Southwestern Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch
- Egg roll wraps (15 pack)
- 2 cups corn
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1-4 ounce can diced green chilies
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- cracked black pepper
Avocado ranch dip:
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing (use your favorite)
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- juice from 1/3 lime
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover large baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together egg roll ingredients (except the egg roll wraps).
- In a small bowl mix together one egg beaten and one tablespoon water.
- Place first egg roll wrapper on flat clean surface. Brush top corner of egg roll wrapper with egg wash.
- Place two tablespoons of egg roll mixture onto the lower one-third of the egg roll wrapper, leaving a small border around the edges. Fold button end up, followed by the sides, then finish rolling up. Place seal side down on baking pan. Spray the top with olive oil (or brush it on).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes turning halfway*. Then turn broiler on and broil for 5 minutes if further browning is necessary. They are ready when golden brown.
- While egg rolls are baking, place ranch avocado ingredients into food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve egg rolls warm alongside cold avocado ranch dipping sauce!
The next day, I used leftover avocado ranch to top off my salad—such a brilliant idea; absolutely delicious.
What are your favorite holiday appetizers?!