Warning: You won’t be able to eat just one.
I have made these cookies from Cooking Light’s Cocoa Fudge recipe in the past, but I wanted to see if I could put my own personal spin on them, and make them a little more “healthy”. Well, not to toot my own horn, but these little fudgey bites turned out to be insanely tasty and VERY addicting. Please make these for yourself or your loved ones; this is one that you MUST try, especially if you love rich chocolate.
Cocoa Cookies (recipe adapted from Cooking Light)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 7 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 heaping cup fat-free plain greek yogurt
- 1-2 teaspoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat; stir in cocoa powder and sugars.
- Add yogurt, milk and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- Add flour mixture, until combined.
- Use a tablespoon to drop dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 9 minutes or until almost set.
- Remove from oven, let cool (or eat them right away because you have no patience).
Any morning that starts off with your special someone surprising you with a Caramel Northern Lite Latte from Caribou is a sign of a good day ahead.
It was so frothy and caramelly and perfect and warm. Nummy, thank you so much Dana!
That was part of my breakfast along with some blackberries, a banana, and a handful or two of homemade granola (recipe from Julie at pbfingers.com).
Then I was off to the gym. I hopped on the elliptical and drove out about 4 miles or so. I got caught up in my Runner’s World magazine. After the elliptical I headed to the
nasty mats to work on some abs.
- 10 crunches (starting with 6 lb medicine ball behind my head, ball to chest as I sit up, and then straight out in front me me)
- 20 toe touches with medicine ball in hands
- 20 bicycle crunches with medicine ball in hands moving from side to side
After the gym I was off to the grocery store to pick up some odds and ends needed for tonight’s dinner. Mom and Dad are coming home from vacation and I am going to make them dinner at their place along with my brother Kevin and Dana. Here is a sneak peak of some of the ingredients in the dish(es). Recipes to come tomorrow! OOo ahhhhh!
A really good salad: Mixed greens, mini bell peppers, broccoli, tomato, green olives, my favorite honey mustard, and fat-free cottage cheese. I crunched on some almonds as I put this bad boy together.
After lunch I got to work on prepping dinner so I wouldn’t have to do it later. While I prepped a few of these slipped into my mouth.
That’s funny. I don’t even remember putting them in my basket at the store. They must have jumped in. Whoopsie, I guess I have to eat them now. 😉
Off to shower and get ready to head to mom and dad’s! Hope everyone is having a great Friday!