I attempted to get a picture of these delectable bites but they all ended up looking kind of like, well, turds. Yup, I said it. I couldn’t let a picture defer anyone from trying this recipe because they are SO very good! This is a recipe from my mom’s mom (my Grandma) and it is so simple and quick! Here ya go:
Chocolate Oatmeal No Bakes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light soy milk (or whatever milk you have on hand)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups oats
- On stove top combine butter, milk, cocoa powder and sugar. Stir until ingredients are combined.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for one minute then remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, peanut butter, and oats. Stir until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of the chocolately concoction on parchment paper. Eat scraps that fall in between cookies. Try and contain yourself in the goodness. YUM!
Thanks mama and Grandma!