Today begins the official start of my Christmas vacation and I’m thrilled of course. How could I not be? I have my whole immediate family coming in to town. That in itself is the best Christmas present on earth. I am so anxious to see everyone and to celebrate this very special holiday with the ones I love so dear.
A look ahead:
- Tonight: Holiday party with friends
- Tomorrow: Christmas party with family
- Monday: Wrapping gifts at a local hospital and then heading to my parent’s house for gifts, dinner, and 10 pm church service.
- Tuesday: A Christmas run in the morning followed by celebrating Christmas at Dana’s parent’s house
There is so much fun to be had and so much celebrating to be done and I.CAN’T.WAIT.
With all of the celebrating and festivities, I find it challenging (to say the least), to stay on top of my 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies a day. I decided it might be a good idea to put together a little recipe round-up of some quick and veggie-loaded meals to help keep me motivated throughout these next few days.
- Pear Salad: mixed dark greens, pears, walnuts, dried cranberries, feta cheese, turkey bacon with poppy-seed dressing
3. Veggie packed scrambled eggs or omelets
4. Sautéed onions and bell peppers with corn, black beans, tomato, and an over-easy egg
5. Cook yourself up a Morningstar Veggie Patty and top it on a big ol’ pile of greens.
7. BBQ pulled chicken on top of a big salad
I find it easiest to get a big serving of veggies in when I make a salad which is why most of the meals I just showed you involve just that. Besides getting an incredible amount of the nutritionally dense veggies, salads are just SO quick which is always a plus if you ask me.
Throughout this holiday season I will do my best to hold true to my fruit and veggie intentions: 5-9 servings a day. Who’s with me?
Alright, I’ve had my morning cup of coffee and my pre-run breakfast, now it’s time to gear up for a frigid 6.5 mile run outside with the hubby. The official temperature outside right now is………9ºF. This will be perfect prep for the actual run on January 1st because the weather will most likely be similar to today’s. This will be fun. Unfortunately we will have to leave the pooch at home. He has an ear infection and it was advised he chill out for a few days.
Off I go! Have an incredible day. Enjoy the season however you chose to celebrate. May your days be merry and bright.