Yes, you read it right. Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Sauce. Amazing peanut sauce. And to be perfectly honest, it was a super easy meal to make, so even better right?
1. We baked up two chicken breasts.
2. Made the peanut sauce.
3. Chopped the veggies.
4. Plated the salad.
Once it’s all plated together you get this beautiful masterpiece. We have mixed greens, carrots, red bell peppers, onions, cilantro, basil, baked chicken, and PEANUT SAUCE!
Every bite was an OMG bite. That’s how good it was! What really made the dish was the basil and the peanut sauce.
The freshness from the crisp vegetables paired with the slightly salty chicken, fragrant herbs, tangy lime juice, and sweet and slightly spicy peanut sauce…it’s perfection. Seriously this salad is incredible. Please make it soon!
A success in the kitchen with Kalley once again. It probably helped we were wearing matching Boundary Water shirts. 😉
Quick flashback anyone?!
Homecoming Sophomore year of high school. We were just babies. 🙂 I’m so happy we’re still friends after all this time! Love you!
|Thai Chicken Salad with AMAZING Peanut Sauce|| |
- 2 small chicken breasts
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- squeeze of lime juice
- sprinkle of coconut aminos or soy sauce
- Peanut Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1½ Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. warm water
- 1 dot of hot siracha sauce
- salt and pepper
- Mixed dark green lettuce
- carrots, cut into slivers
- red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch strips
- onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking pan with aluminum foil and a light spray of olive oil.
- Use fork to puncture chicken breasts. Then sprinkle on coconut aminos, lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes and then broil for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare peanut sauce by combining sauce ingredients into a food processor or mini food processor. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare salad by plating chopped lettuce, topping with carrots, red pepper, onions, cilantro, and basil.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, cut into bite-sized pieces and place on top of salad.
- Drizzle with peanut sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime juice and ENJOY!
Have a fabulous Thursday my friends! I have some excitement headed my way over the next couple of days. Can’t wait to fill you in!