The perfectly sweet way to start your day…with mini cinnamon muffins! They are cute, sweetened with honey and no refined sugar, gluten-free and would be PERFECT with a little smear of nut butter. Although I recommend taking time in the morning to sit down and thoroughly enjoy your breakfast, I know that this isn’t always realistic in the busy world we live in, these muffins would be perfect for on the go.
Since they are mini-size you can decide how many you want to enjoy at any given time. They also make a perfect pick-me-up snack or even for dessert. You could even bake up some apple slices with cinnamon and crumble one of these little guys right on top of your apple slices! Or crumble one on top of some Greek yogurt! I’m getting all excited over here! Mmm, mmm.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
**Note: Although these are made with no refined sugar, they still contain sugar from the honey. Just something to be aware of! 🙂
|Cinnamon Muffins (refined sugar-free, gluten-free)|| |
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp flax seed + ½ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup raw honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat two mini muffin pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all flours, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a food processor combine flaxseed and water and process until frothy.
- In a large bowl, beat together the flaxseed mixture, oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla.
- Slowly blend dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Carefully spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients: melted coconut oil, honey and cinnamon. Mix well and spoon over muffins.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into middle muffin comes out clean.