Happy Friday!! I don’t know about you, but this week totally flew by for me. Another gloriously relaxing weekend is upon us, or at least for me!
Let’s kick this weekend off with a five random things Friday.
1. I actually cooked up a nice vegetarian meal last night! Hint: it involved spaghetti squash. The recipe will be up on the blog next week!
2. I thoroughly enjoyed our little early November snowfall we had this week. It was so light that most of it melted quickly and it didn’t mess up the roads and make for crazy traffic. It was just pretty and really got me into the holiday spirit!
3. As much as I love my smoothies, now that the weather is permanently chilly, I am no longer wanting my cold smoothies in the morning as often. I’ve been into the two ingredient pancakes and hot oatmeal this week!
4. On Tuesday I got together with my girlfriend Courtney at People’s Organic in Edina for a hot beverage and some major catch-up time. I got the morning elixir which was hot water, lots of fresh lemon juice, agave nectar, and sea salt. It made my mouth pucker the slightest but it was so enjoyable! I want to try to recreate it at home. As always, it was so great to be with Courtney. She is a ray of sunshine and such a good friend.
5. I am completely in love with scarves. This is not a new thing. When fall rolls around I am thrilled to reach for my fun scarves and use them as accessories to my wardrobe. They are so cozy yet don’t make me feel claustrophobic like a turtle neck does. I might have to add some new scarves to my birthday list! 🙂
Have an amazing weekend my friends! xoxo
Questions of the day:
1. What is your main squeeze breakfast these days?
2. What are you most looking forward to this weekend?
This Post Has 10 Comments
I can’t believe you’ve had snow already! Eek, I am so not ready for winter!
Oatmeal is my favourite breakfast lately too. Okay, it’s always my favourite breakfast. Even on the hottest days of summer, I’ll still eat it.
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Cookbook review: Fresh Food Fast
Even though the colder weather has rolled around, smoothies have still been my go to breakfast. I’m think about changing it up though. As it gets colder and colder, I can see my tastes starting to change.
Oh, I’m SO obsessed with scarves! My scarf collection is growing rapidly. I wear one almost everyday!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…Natural Disease Fighters
I’ve been doing te hot breakfasts too! I’m loving two ingredient pancakes this week! Also I’m all over the scarves too! I have a favorite of mine on today!
Scarves are my favorite accessory! They can really jazz up an outfit. I love to wear a white shirt with jeans and a colourful scarf.. so comfy and chic!
Christine @ Gotta Eat Green recently posted…What a Week
I love scarves too and you’re so cute in them! And People’s Organic – I miss that place, especially the downtown location 🙂
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Pile on the Miles – Week 1 Update
I can’t have smoothies for breakfast often anymore either – it’s just too cold! I still have them after workouts though 🙂
My go-to breakfast during the winter time is hot pumpkin oats.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted…Friday Favorites 11.8.13
I am looking forward to that recipe! I LOVE spaghetti squash! 🙂
cleaneatingveggiegirl recently posted…Friday Foodie Favorites: November 8, 2013
Aww looking at that picture makes me miss you more than I already do! Is that possible?! Can’t believe you guys already got snow! It’s cold here, but no flakes yet!
Caroline recently posted…Introducing, The Sweat Guru!
I can’t wait to see the meal with spaghetti squash– yum!! And I liked the snow too but only because it didn’t stick around and I didn’t have to scrape off my car!! I am looking forward to going to the zoo with Luke this weekend… He is at such a great age for it right now!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted…Friday Favorites: 11/8/13
Thank you for the positive post! Sometimes, just focusing on the little things makes all the difference in a person’s outlook. Plus, the rice vegetarian meal looks quite good. Thank you (:
Ashlee recently posted…My Five Year Anniversary