If you’ve been reading my blog over the past couple of months or so, you have learned that I am already into the hardcore “nesting” mode. I am wanting to organize everything in sight, I can’t stop thinking about the baby room and projects I want to tackle to decorate, I clean the house on Friday nights….yea that’s what’s happening.
Another part of nesting is food prep. I plan to make a handful of freezer meals to have on hand for when baby arrives. I’ve got a little list going of meals I want to prep in the next month or two (I will share this with you hopefully!).
I began my fresh freezer food stash this week.
A couple of weeks ago, I received a package from Blue Diamond which included two new flavors of almonds: Honey Roasted Vanilla and Honey Roasted Chipotle. The honey chipotle ones have been a serious hit for me. I love snacking on them. They are spicy and sweet and my taste buds are very happy with that combo.
The honey roasted vanilla are incredibly tasty too. I had to ration them because I knew I wanted to use them in a baking experiment, and the baking experiment turned out to be a success.
Enter: Honey Nut Banana Oat Muffins with Blue Diamond Almonds. A fully loaded recipe title.
I used the food processor to process oats and Blue Diamond’s honey roasted almonds to use as my flour!
The muffins are sweetened naturally with bananas and honey.
They take very little time to prepare and only 25 minutes to bake!
These babies turned out fabulous. I kept a few out to enjoy now, but froze the rest so I could have a quick and healthy snack to grab from the freezer upon baby’s arrival!
|Honey Nut Banana Oat Muffins|| |
- 2½ cups oats
- ¼ cup plus 2-3 Tbsp. ground honey vanilla almonds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use cooking spray to lightly coat a 12 muffin, muffin pan.
- In a food processor, process oats into flour consistency. Mine turned out to be a little coarse and that worked out just fine too.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, ¼ cup ground almonds, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Slowly beat in flour mixture. Beat to combine.
- Pour mixture evenly into muffin pan. Sprinkle with remaining 2-3 Tbsp. of ground almonds.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into middle of muffin (towards the middle of the pan) comes out clean.
- Enjoy as is, with butter, peanut butter, honey. They are a perfect on the go breakfast or snack.
Keep an eye out for these new flavors. They are very palate pleasing!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. I was given samples for free, however all opinions expressed on the products are solely my own.