Hello, hello! How did everyone’s Sunday pan out? Mine was pretty darn fantastic.
It started out with Sunday morning waffles and coupon cutting. On Saturday night I pre-made pumpkin waffle batter so that on Sunday all I would have to do is crank on the waffle iron and get pourin’. I adapted a pumpkin waffle recipe from PaleOMG and they turned out very tasty!
The first couple of waffles didn’t come out very easily but I think it was because I was being slightly impatient waiting for them to finish cooking and opened up the iron too early. The last few turned came out way better!
I made a big batch because I wanted extra waffles to freeze so that I could have some quick breakfasts in the future. I could even slather one of those bad boys with peanut butter and call it lunch!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat waffle iron–(you could use a flat griddle instead and make pancakes).
- In a small bowl combine dry ingredients, mix well, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine remaining wet ingredients. Use a hand-mixer or a whisk to beat ingredients together.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients into the wet.
- Spray your waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray or butter and use a half cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the hot iron. Close and let cook for about 4-5 minutes (keep an eye on them).
- Serve with honey, peanut butter, syrup, or whatever you please! It would be really good to mix a small handful of chocolate chips into the batter too!
For dessert I had a spoonful of peanut butter.
I got into my workout gear and cranked out this leg workout with dumbbells, my plank-a-day, and other core work. I continued my workout by dusting and vacuuming (<—-such a weird word if you think about if for too long) the house. That absolutely counts as exercise in my book!
In the afternoon I snacked on a super sweet tangelo that mom and dad brought home from Florida, and a handful of cashews.
Then it was time to get ready for a Super Bowl party with a bunch of our friends. I seriously couldn’t decide what to bring for a snack to share (I am the world’s worst decision maker, ask anyone), but decided on simple yet tasty garlic parmesan popcorn.
To make the popcorn:
- Pop up a big batch of plain popcorn and place in a big brown grocery bag.
- Melt a half a stick of butter on the stove with two garlic cloves that have been peeled and cracked open.
- Scoop out the garlic and discard.
- Pour butter over popcorn and mix well.
- Use a mini grater to grate fresh parmesan all over the popcorn while it’s still hot. Give the bag a good shake. Serve warm if possible!
The night was filled with great friends, kiddos, football, and of course tons of snacks.
There was jalapeño popper dip…
Saucy BBQ meatballs…
Bacon wrapped lil’ smokies with a brown sugar glaze(!!)…
Warm and hearty taco chili, beer bread…
Fruit salsa with cinnamon chips, soft pretzels with cheese sauce, chips and dip…
And of course, the desserts.
I had good intentions of not touching any sweets but that intention was lost in the breeze as soon as my eyes caught the Special K bars. Those babies are definitely up there on the list of my favorite dessert bars. I kept shaving off piece after piece and wound up eating what would probably be equivalent to one of those big bars you buy in the bakery, but who’s keeping track?
As far as the clean eating goes, yesterday was what we call “a wash.” I am definitely okay with that though because it was GOOD, and it was just one day. Today’s a new day. 🙂 I had such a great time last night. Although I can’t say I watched a whole lot of the game, I thoroughly enjoyed the halftime show and catching up with friends. Beyonce’s still got it!
I have some very fun and relaxing plans on the agenda today. I can’t wait to tell you about it! Have a great day! xoxo
Question of the day: Did you watch the Super Bowl? What was your favorite snack?!