Healthy comfort food. Does that sound like an oxymoron to you? Well it’s not, and I’m here to prove it to you.
Winter time screams warm and hearty casseroles and I’m not talking tater tot hotdish (although there’s nothing wrong with that every once in a while!). Instead of the cream soup casseroles, how about diving into something a little less processed. I’m talking about a cheesy, protein-rich gluten-free dish.
It doesn’t involve dirtying up ten pans. It’s easy. It’s belly-warming. It’s delightful.
It’s a Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Bake!
There were no cream of soup cans involved in this recipe, only good wholesome foods.
Chicken, broccoli, quinoa, natural cheddar cheese, fresh parmesan, chicken broth, almond milk, garlic, onion, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
Umm…yea. Simple ingredients and an incredibly delicious end result.
Bake this up for yourself tonight! You could substitute brown rice for quinoa, cow’s milk for almond milk, whatever hard cheese you have on hand, peas or cauliflower for broccoli. See, no excuse not to make it tonight!
|Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Bake|| |
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan (grated would be fine too)
- dash of poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 9 x 9 oven-safe baking dish, combine quinoa, broth, milk, onion, broccoli, and cheddar.
- Set chicken breasts in the middle of the pan, pressed down into the mixture.
- Season breasts with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Top the whole dish with almond flour and parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until the center of chicken reads 165 degrees F. ***note baking times will vary!***
- Optional: finish under broiler to crisp up the top of the dish.
- Serve warm!
Enjoy the comfort foods without interrupting your waistline! Simply delicious.