20 weeks! I’m halfway there!
I thought you all might be interested in a bit of an update from pregnant lil’ me.
First up: 20 week bump pic
Compared to 16 weeks…
Baby is now measuring about 10 ounces and 6.5 inches long about the length of a banana!
How am I feeling?
- Very normal for the most part and really enjoying being pregnant!
- I have days where I am insanely hungry (like yesterday) where no matter what I eat I still seem to be hungry, and then I have more normal days. I always make sure to have snacks on hand; don’t want to embarrass myself by getting “hangry” in front of strangers.
- Excited to start working on the nursery. I have some ideas as to how I want to decorate now! More on that later.
- Yearning to start “nesting” and getting the house baby-fied.
- Starting to look more pregnant and not just blubbery.
- Anxious to start feeling movements.
- Needing to get used to people noticing my bump now. I see them look at my face and then look at my belly. I don’t always feel like it’s that obvious but I guess it must be.
- Super lovey dovey to this baby. I dream of what he looks like and what his personality will be like.
I have to say I have been very lucky (knock on wood) with very minimal discomforts, but I few things I have been noticing lately…
- Out of breath a whole lot easier, especially going up hills.
- Stiff and achey body all over when I wake up in the morning. It loosens up as I get moving. I sleep with pillows all around me and in between my legs and I think that helps a bit.
- Stretching and some round ligament pain. I actually welcome this! I love it because since I’m not feeling movement yet, it helps me to know baby is growing.
- Calf cramps at night.
Again, NOT complaining!
No serious cravings except for I’m almost always up for a burger still. Lately, my sweet tooth has nearly taken over my savory tooth. I was hoping that this wouldn’t happen. I am still trying to control my sugar intake. It’s tough though. I’m trying to choose foods with natural sugar like dates with peanut butter or Greek yogurt with honey.
Oh, and everytime I see a subway sandwich I drool a little.
I can’t seem to get salmon down the hatch even when I make it my favorite way.
What I’m looking forward to in the coming weeks?
Feeling this boy move!
I am absolutely loving pregnancy. Catch up with you again later gators!